Turn to Chiropractic, Not Drugs, to Treat Idiopathic Pain
Idiopathic pain is a blanket term used to describe any pain that’s of an unknown origin. While the cause of idiopathic pain may remain a mystery, its symptoms certainly don’t. Idiopathic pain is frequently debilitating and can make even the simplest daily activities unbearable.
Many healthcare professionals are quick to prescribe pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs as a remedy to idiopathic pain; unfortunately, these are usually short-sighted solutions that fail to address the actual source of the pain itself.
There are a number of natural remedies that health-conscious pain patients can pursue, allowing them to potentially address the causes of idiopathic pain and reduce the symptoms in a more meaningful, substantive way. Coming to Posture Works for drug-free chronic pain treatment in San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO means identifying the best non-invasive treatment methodology for your symptoms.
Naturally treating chronic pain
While pain medication offers temporary relief from the effects of chronic pain, it can also carry a number of side effects that affect your ability to live a productive life. For instance, many pain killers cause grogginess and confusion that make it unsafe to drive and difficult to navigate public transportation. Others are damaging to the liver or stomach lining, potentially causing ulcers or kidney failure if taken in heavy doses for long periods of time.
There are, however, a number of natural methods that you can pursue to help alleviate your pain symptoms, including:
- Meditation: There are few treatments as effective as meditation. Exercising mindfulness and allowing your body to enter a state of complete and total relaxation is an excellent way to reduce muscle strain and pin-point the specific sources of your physical discomfort.
- Exercise: Engaging in regular, routine exercise is one of the most effective ways to cope with chronic pain syndromes. Regularly exercising allows you to increase the number of endorphins present in your body, which can alleviate depression, a common side-effect of chronic pain conditions.
- Diet: If you’re experiencing chronic pain, you may want to consider making a dietary shift. Bad eating habits can contribute to an unhealthy lifestyle that may exacerbate existing chronic pain symptoms. Eating vitamin-rich foods like fruits and vegetables can help you reduce your symptoms.
- Chiropractic care: Chiropractic care focuses on the spine – meaning it’s a holistic practice that emphasizes the body’s central nervous system. Chiropractors are often able to address the root cause of pain, as well as treating the symptoms. Investing in chiropractic care is one of the best non-invasive ways to combat the ill effects of idiopathic pain.
- Physical therapy: If you’re living with chronic pain, it can be exceptionally difficult to keep your strength up. Exercising and even performing daily tasks become especially challenging. Working with a qualified physical therapist can help you maintain your physical fitness, even in the face of a chronic idiopathic pain condition.
Posture Works is a holistic chiropractic care center with offices in San Francisco, CA and Denver, CO, specializing in the treatment of chronic pain and other spine-related illnesses. Our practitioners, trained in Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP), are capable of providing patients with personalized care regimens designed to meet their specific healthcare needs. Reach out to one of our friendly representatives today to learn more!
Chiropractic BioPhysics, or CBP, is one of the most scientific, researched, and results-oriented corrective care techniques. CBP-trained chiropractors aim to realign the spine back to health, eliminating nerve interference and addressing the source of pain, fatigue, and disease. As with all chiropractic care, CBP is gentle, painless, and non-invasive.